Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

1. Nicknames

Because keeping track of players can be really hard when people can change their name, color, and profile pic and just vanish. Having a permanent nickname that appears next to a player would be really helpful to keep track of players. As an example, reference Steam.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A custuminable avatar would be cool.

We could custumize avatars for ppl to see

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Diplomacy games Development.

Many players love diplomacy games but the game directly do not support that kind of games.
    My proposal is to create special tool for the diplomacy management.
    1. Realtions charts visible for all players
    2. Few types of relations
    a. Hard Ally - its the team game but teams are created durning the game ( when the team has more than x % of the income than noone can join the team) All activities possible. Transfer armies, Airlift etc.
    b. Normal Ally - Auto war status when 1 of enemies atacked your ally. You can send him armies but game…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enforcement of "Lottery" settings

While "lottery" games are supposed to be random/fair, some people cheat (http://warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=7102254), and there doesn't seem to be any mechanism for reporting/penalizing people who do that.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mod System: Reload game data when PlayerGameData has changed not only when PublicGameData changed

I noticed that the game just refreshes the data when the public game data changes and not when the player game data changes. I suggest that you change that cause the player game data is used for storing player data and I think players like to know when their data changes and not just when the public data changes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Relative Speed time

To search for fast opponents what often matters more is not the actual speed time but a relative speed time, compared to the boot time (It is a big difference if you need 8 hours in a 5min boot game or in a 3days boot game) or to the speed time of the other players in the game (e.g. sometimes you talk with your team-mates about a strategy or with enemies about a peace treaty)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow players to be saved as part of a personalized template

This would allow you to create games with the same players as you had done previously. These could be humans, open seats, or AI players.

This would also allow for exact re-matches, removing the need to add each player from your invite list if you want to create a re-match.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possable to view single player preview maps on app

ATM, if you click on a single player preview map, such as https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer?PreviewMap=54953, you get redirected to the Mobile page (https://www.WarLight.net/Mobile) instead of seeing the map.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort user-created maps by date

Since I mostly play the user-created maps - and I have played just about all of them - it would be helpful to have them sorted. That way, each time I login, I can see, from top-down, which ones have been added or modified most recently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. a "paratrooper" or "bomb" card

Many of the games i play have everybody set themselves up with all of their armies on their borders and all of the territories in between with 1 army. I think a para-trooper card where you could drop a select number of armies to take over a territory in the middle of your opponenents land would be good, or a bomb that you could use to reck some havoc in the territories that everyone seems to ignore. Heck call it a "rebellion" card and have it so you can overtake one of your opponents territories

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Summary of card pieces in settings menu

There is a great many cards in WL, each with a lot of settings. With each card divided into a different number of pieces, of which you get a fixed minimum number per turn and then there's a number of random pieces... distributed by configurable weights... It becomes rather complicated; even experienced players might not be able to see, at a glance, how all the card settings will combine.

How about adding an "executive summary" (both in the create-game screen and on the settings page, which people /should/ check before joining the game), like so:

Current version (in Game Settings

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are now icons that summarise game settings, including cards. There is also a summery of the settings in game menu settings in the new Unity client.

14. Notification app

A small phone app that notifies you if it is your turn in any game. Could be added to the mobile client as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Introduction of WarLight Moderators

Introduction of WarLight moderators who can review reports on players, and ban them (For no more than 3 days). The powers should be limited, but this would help Fizzer greatly in my opinion so that the load on him could be eased off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Variable turn length and 3/n strikes option for boot

Turn length isn't quite flexible enough. I'd like to be able to:
    -set a different length for the first turn (especially on team games, where some discussion is needed)
    -allow an automatic turn extension where teams inadvertently play the same cards which pushes them over the time
    -have a third option for boot, to allow players a specified number of 'strikes' before autoboot. Even reliable players go over time sometimes, and it can ruin a good game if they are booted for one slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Highlight region - help find region boundaries for hard to see regions or unusual regions

It'd be nice if there were a hot key, say "r", where, when you've selected a tile, you press "r", and the region containing the current tile is highlighted.

I know there are some ways to do find a region boundary, but as a new user I didn't find them to work very well. I have lost games because I could not tell where a region was. Very frustrating. Only after a couple of days did I discover the hot keys P and M. But they don't seem to do anything for me. The little plus and minus icons on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the inspect phase of a turn, you can check which territories belong to which bonus. Clicking on bonus links also highlights which territories are in the bonus.

18. Can you make it so that we can contact you?

Can you make it a little easier for people to contact you. I found how to message you once..Now I have a broken game and you make it near impossible for anyone to report it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. deploy all button

when deploying all or the rest of ur deployments u click this. I often deploy all-1 when i deploy much cos the marker is so close to the right then.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible for all your deployments to be deployed and your orders to be automatically generated using the new Autopilot feature.

20. View templates on app

ATM, you can't view templates on the app after clicking on a template link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Warzone Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base