Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

410 results found

1. Allow teams to receive armies when the team collectively controls a bonus

When a bonus is occupied by two or more teammates, the armies assigned to that bonus should be distributed to all of the teammates accordingly, instead of one teammate having to control the entire bonus.

529 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

I can certainly see the appeal of this, as it makes it easier for teams to take over lands without communicating. But honestly, team communication is a big part of the game, and I don’t like the idea of lessening it.

This also presents problems with how to divy up the income. There are edge cases where no single answer is fair. It also causes issues with local deployment and other features, and just generally increases the complexity of team games as it’s one more thing new players have to learn about before they can compete.

Due to all of these reasons combined, it’s unlikely this featue will ever be added to WarLight. But we appreciate the suggestion!

2. Anonymous Games

This is a game/setting in which the participants are not known until the game ends. The purpose of this is to protect the integrity and competitiveness of games as it is a tendency for emotion to ruin games based on past games and grudges that could have been formed. By hiding the player names and randomizing the colors fairness can be ensured, which helps to make maintain the integrity and competitiveness of each individual games.

424 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see the appeal of this, since some people feel targeted. As the creator of the game, I feel this too. Since people love to say that they beat up the creator, I tend to get targeted in FFAs more than average.

Despite that, it’s a feature that’s unlikely to be added to WarLight. First, WarLight’s code wasn’t built with this in mind, so the name and ID of every player is used throughout the code and trying to modify it to be anonymous would be a very large project. Second, even if it was easy to add, this also diminishes the community a bit since every time it’s used, as it makes it harder to develop friendships when you’re anonymous and hides clan tags and such.

3. Bring the old 1vs1 ladder back!

Bring weighted rounding mode and random move order back. Map: Medium Earth

336 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand this is a heated issue and many of you are very attached to randomness in your WarLight games However, since WarLight has randomness turned off by default, it doesn’t make sense to have randomness enabled in the 1v1 ladder. If you love the old settings, I encourage you to continue using them in your own games, tournaments, and CLOTs.

4. Include a Blacklist Percentage

Include as part of every person's profile the percentage of the entire warlight membership who has blacklisted that player. The idea is to give a measure "across the membership" of a particular player's blacklist-worthiness.

255 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think this would be a good thing for the site as a whole.

Blacklisting is a very personal thing and people do it for a variety of reasons. Blacklisting can be a way of saying “I don’t want to play with you” or “I want to be notified when I’m about to play with you”. Some people do this for reasons you may not expect, such as if a player is very good and they want to avoid playing them.

For a feature like blacklist percentage to work, the reasons for blacklisting would have to be standardized and enforced, which isn’t going to happen. Otherwise good and well-meaning people would find themselves the victim of a feature like this, and that should never happen.

5. Allow game host to remove players who have joined the game

Allow game host to remove any player, including those who already joined before game starts.

217 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You need to clarify if you’re talking about someone you invited, or someone who joined an open seat.

If you’re talking about someone you invited, I would want more information about the reasons why you’d want to change your mind and remove them.

If you’re talking about open seats, then this is better accomplished by using prerequisites. The reason is because it’s a very bad experience for the person joining. Imagine the extreme example: you’re browsing for a game to join, find one, join it, and are kicked out. OK, you go find another game, join it, and are kicked out. Repeat over and over.

That’s a really bad experience, especially for newbies (who would be more likely to be kicked since many experienced players don’t want to play with newbies.) We need newbies to have a good experience to help grow the game.

It’s a much better experience for…

6. One-way connections

I'd like to be able to design a map with the possibility of one-way connections between territories (e.g. Territory A can attack Territory B, but Territory B can't attack Territory A). I've modelled maps on a chess game and a transport system, and both have connections like this which I could't recreate. I think it would open up another tactical level of play, and some interesting possibilities for future maps.

204 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back "Open Games" and "My Games".

"The Dashboard is uselessly cluttered. I can't find anything there. My Games was clear and straightforward. Usable."

Or at least... Decorate the Dashboard to meet the needs of players that play Warlight. There has to be a compromise.

191 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand change is hard, but WarLight can’t stay on Flash forever. The old My Games and Open Games pages were written in Flash, and long term WarLight is moving away from Flash, one page at a time. As such, these pages were re-written as html pages. We want to move forward, not back, so the Flash pages won’t be coming back. We do plan to re-evaluate the usability of the new pages, and will continue to make improvements. I appreciate the feedback about it.

8. Name changes every 20 days

Right now you only get to change your name every 5 levels, for those in high levels this may mean that you only get a name change once a year or so.

153 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is by design, as players who are well known within the community should be changing their name very rarely.

Name changes disrupt the community and make it hard to keep track of who is who. It’s not a big deal for a low level player who nobody knows to change their name, but name changes should become less and less frequent as players become more well known, and the current system reflects that.

Changing your name should be a big deal, much like it is in real life, not something you do frequently or on a whim.

9. Airstrike Card

Similar to the Airlift card, the Airstrike card allows a player to attack (not transfer) troops against a neutral or enemy territory.

The card increases the difficulty of a game by a large margin, as attack can come from anywhere at any time (though a variation might allow only attacks on visible territories, but that's hardly as fun)

129 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Honestly I’m not a big fan of this idea.

Think about it from a defender’s standpoint: How do you defend against an opponent who is using an airstrike card against you? They can attack any territory, so you have no idea what to defend. You could try to defend every territory evenly, but that would be sure to lose since the attacker will make a large stack before attacking.

The presence of the card reduces the value of chokepoints, since they can always be jumped over.

The card simply does not seem interesting from a strategic perspective and I think overall it decreases the strategy of the game. But I appreciate the suggestion!

10. Triggers for custom scenarios

Triggers for custom scenarios allow creators of scenarios to implement some basic triggers.

For example:

for an event (player captures region, number of turn, each second turn, ...)

under the condition (player is alive and playing, number of armies controlled by player is smaller/bigger, ...)

make an action(player gets bonus armies next turn, territory changes owner, player wins game, ....)

This would be an really great feature for custom scenarios and RPG maps. I would just like to know if it would be possible and if you would think about implementing it.

113 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 110 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ultimately WarLight is designed to be a simple game, and I fear that this option would add too much complexity for the value it gives. Thanks for the suggestion, but it’s highly unlikely this will ever be added to WarLight.

12. Auto-deployment in one territory bonuses when playing in 'local deployments'

WarLight has many great one territory/bonus maps which every territory is a bonus itself(see; "World Nations 2012", "European Nations" etc.) however when playing on these maps with "local deployments" on, it doesn't auto-deploy to territories their respective bonus values even thought there's no alternative.

This can be extremely frustrating especially on late games where a player has many territories and has to waste minutes only to deploy all of his/her armies to each territory individually to continue playing.

'Local Deployments' should auto-deploy on one territory/bonus provinces and skip to the attack/transfer phase if there's no more armies to be deployed(base…

105 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search/Filter criteria for open tournaments

The list of open tournaments is long. And to find one that appeals is always a lot of clicking.

Some filters would be nice like

-alone / 2team / bigger team
    -numbers of players left to join before start
    -vacation honored or not
    ... (probably other users know of more things they would like to see)

92 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an "auto-decline an invited player if innactive for over x days" option to the tournament settings

What the title says.

As discussed in the forum here
    http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread.aspx?ThreadID=4112

default x days should probably be the same as the auto-boot time.

90 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clan Manager Improvement

Clan Manager -> Founder of the Clan.

Add one more sub-type to all the members ; "Class". In other words a Member has two sub-types ("Title" and "Class"). "Class" works as a Variable and is optional to use for the clan.By standard this could just be "Class", and if you need to seperate it you do it manually. (As with titles) Option for Visible [On] or [Off] on Clan-page.

Add Sub-Manager. He basically has same authority as the Clan Manager by standard. Add/Remove members. Set titles and classes. Cannot remove another Sub-manager nor the Manager (Founder).

Add Class-Manager. Can only…

84 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s now possible for the clan creator to recover their manager rights, which I hope alleviates the need for these levels as the clan creator doesn’t need to be so careful about giving out rights.

16. Dont bring back the old 1vs1 ladder back!

Old ladder settings sucks. We hate luck

83 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Warlight 'Game Chat' Feature

The 'Game Chat' Feature who have two parts: the game would never start, the 40 player limit would be raised to a higher limit to accommodate larger groups of players.

66 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t like the idea of mixing games and chat rooms. They should be separate entities. Making a game that never starts introduces lots of problems, such as how do people get out of it if they don’t want it? How does it get archived when nobody wants it anymore? etc. It would be better to simply have chat rooms that appear in the same way that games do.

18. The Ability to assign cards to slots

In Scenario/Slot games, players are given pre-set territories. Wouldn't it be amazing if players could assign different cards/pieces to different slots? This could be used to make even more unique or balanced games! For example, if someone had made a World War Two scenario, the Soviet Union player could maybe have extra reinforcement cards? While Nazi Germany would have a few Priority and Delay cards.

This seems like it wouldn't wreck or ruin the game because players don't need to use it? And looks fairly easy to implement into the game.

Please vote this Idea!

66 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Mods

Since the 3.16 update, there was a new team of mods made by volunteering players. However they only control Strategy, should there be new mods in each subofrum

60 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the time since this idea was created, we now have forum voting and the quality of forum posts overall has increased dramatically. I hope this isn’t necessary anymore, but if you feel like it is please let me know!

20. Limit number of troops to deploy in a territory

Currently, each round, players can deploy all their troops in a single territory. It should be limited by number of allied neighboring countries. For instance, I have the control of France, Spain and Switzerland. I would like to deploy troops in France. The maximum number allowed is 1 + 2 neighbors = 3. This way the connected territories are supported more than single ones. Microprose's Risk II has this rule as well.

56 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?