Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

864 results found

1. When you are eliminated or surrender from game remove the chat notifications

Whenever I surrender or get eliminated from a game my dashboard is still filled with chat notifications even though I am no longer in the game. So much that sometimes I have to sort through 90% of games Im not in to find the chat for games that I am in. Eliminating the chat notification for games you are no longer in will help clear up the dashboard and make it easier to see chat notifications for games you are actually in.

60 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Pinnable Menu

The "menu" in the bottom left corner would get a pin button. Clicking this would fix the menu so it's always open and never closed unless you manually close it.
    This configuration would also move the chat button into the menu so it's still visible when pinned.

60 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional Sound Notifications

The idea is to add sound notifications to certain actions. Examples include: direct boot time has been reached, personal message received, public/team chat message received.

My primary motivation for this idea is that many times players think they have submitted their turn and minimize Warlight while doing something else, only to be booted a few minutes later because they don't realize the game is waiting for them.

These additional sounds would let users know that something is going on that they should take a look at. Most useful, in my opinion, would be a sound when the direct boot time…

56 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Updated bonus editing into custom senario

Just like how in custom senario we can click on a bonus and apply units to each tile in that bonus, we should also be able to click on the bonus and change the number of units that bonus provides. This could streamline map creating and provide a much easier way for game creator to specifically tinker with their games. This would also provide a much more appealing look to people who want to creat games but are intimidated by the current system we have of changing bonuses.

54 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Player "Active/Inactive" Status- where inactive players automatically forfeit all open games.

If a player has not made a move in any game for 30-90 days (comment on how long you think it should be), then their status would change from "active" to "inactive" and they would automatically forfeit any open games (the equivalent of a auto-surrender).

Any move in any game would reset the clock on one's active status, so this would not address people who choose not to play a given game for months, but it would clean-up games where one or more of the players has left WL.

Also, if you become inactive, all you would have to do…

54 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reversed Analyze graph

Currently, the upper graph describe chance of capturing the territory with X troops. I think about adding option to reverse the graph, so that it describe what chance have my enemy to capture my territory, if he attacks with X armies.

Quite often it's possible to guess / calculate the income of our opponent, so we knew how big attacks he is able to do. But if I want to check, how many armies I have to put to a territory, to defend it against attack of i.e. 43 I need to first calculate 43*0.6=25,8, and then I check in…

54 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multicard setting

This allows set 2 same type of card with different settings. this means, you can set two Reinforcement cards (such as one with fixed 12 armies and another one with number of territories * 0.2) with different settings. it can also applied for other cards.

52 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rewarding Makers

Map makers work really hard on their projects and it's kind of a shame that they don't really get rewarded for it, except for a trophy that is just for show.

My suggestion is simple, reward map makers with points whenever a game is created with one of their maps. The amount can be fixed (Something like 100 points per game) or be dependant on the rating (Which I think would be better). For example, if a map has 5 rating, then the creator gets 100 points per game, if it has 4.5 then the reward is 90 points, if…

51 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Forum thread limit

Due to the recent cases of low level trolling accounts on the forums (probably alts of someone) I think the that the players should only be able to make let's say 2 threads in 24h in each subforum, and maybe increase that limit as they level up to 3 threads at lv 20, 4 at lv 35 and 5 at lv 50. This way we could prevent future mass spamming of the forums (I have already seen 3 accouts doing that in the past 2 months.)

50 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Idea for RT Ladder poll

I was thinking of a cool way of handling the RT Ladder polls, so that templates change from time to time, new good ones can be added in the future and new players will be able to vote too.

• Each template can be rated on a scale from 1 to 10

• Only players who actually play the RT Ladder should vote: my suggestion is only let players with RT Ladder rating >1500 vote

• Players can vote and change their votes anytime

• Allow players with rating >1800 or >1900 to submit new templates that can be voted on

• The first N…

48 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Predetermined/multi-game teams

This was suggested on the forum http://www.warlight.net/Forum/Thread.aspx?ThreadID=730
    It would be nice to have the ability to join a tournament or game as a team. It would also allow for team statistics. I often like to play on the same team as my friends but we often run into the problem of other people joining our team.

45 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highlighted Wastelands & Manual Territories

An option to highlight Wastelands and possible Pick-Territories in Manual distribution game-mode through Fog during later phases of game as well. Ability to see them in order to save the need to check Turn-Zero in mid-game. (Home button is not that convenient especially for large maps with lot of players).

How?
    Having Option and ability to Toggle Show/Hide Wastelands & Manual Territories through fog as well those territories that you have captured or are in visible area and under enemy or teammate control. It would enhance strategic planning and understanding of map without the need to remember or check Turn…

42 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow local deployment with overlapping bonuses

I love the idea of local deployment, and the much more realistic and long-term strategy that it requires. Unfortunately, many great maps have superbonuses, which means either you can't play them or you have to hunt down all of the nested bonuses during setup and set a bunch to zero to remove the overlap (which can take an hour or so).

I bought the mega-strategy pack specifically for local dep, and was pretty disappointed by this limitation. I would love to see this feature.

That said, I'm still happy to support such an awesome game. I'm not knocking it, just…

42 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue with local deployments and overlapping bonuses comes up when you think about deploying. When players deploy an army to a territory that is part of two bonuses and they control both of those bonuses, the game would need to know which bonus you want to take the army from.

Imagine three territories: 1, 2, and 3. There’s a bonus A made up of territories 1 and 2, and a bonus B made up of territories 2 and 3. Both bonuses give 1 army per turn and therefore the player gets 2 income. Imagine a player controls all three territories (and therefore both bonuses), and then tries to deploy an army on territory 2. The game needs to know if it should allocate that army from bonus A or B.

There are a few strategies it could use to decide:

Strategy 1: It could just pick one at random.…

14. MAPS: Support SVG-Embedded Images for amazing backgrounds

Currently there is SVG-Limitation (http://wiki.warlight.net/index.php/SVG_Limitations) - Warlight doesn't support embedded JPG/PNG's onto maps.

Implementing this would allow map developers to embed beautiful backgrounds for their maps (while territories and bonuses would be created current vector shapes).

Map backgrounds created this way could decrease size of many maps, since JPG compression can be very effective.

41 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multi-transfer

New local deployment feature is good. But I think it can be better if it accompanies with Multi-transfer, which works like supply lines. Transfers will be canceled if territories in your supply line get cut.

41 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Surrender must be accepted by teammates only

I never been in a game where I didn't want to accept my opponents surrender, but many where I didn't want to accept my teammate.

Many games get delayed a lot because people are slow to accept surrender.

40 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Map Page Overhaul

There are several ways Warzone can improve the way it presents user created maps.

[Stats]

-Each map's page should list stats like "number of games played", "number of favorites", and maybe showing who has it on their favorites list.
    -There could be certain stats only the map's creator can see, like a graph of the number of games played, or its average rating.

[Templates and Games]

-Sometimes the map creator behind a map has created a template or two for use on the map. A special section on the page could show all the templates approved by the map creator. …

40 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Start new templates as unchecked in QM

To prevent people having to play templates they don't like because they unlocked a new template and immideatly got a new game on it without having a chance to uncheck it, I suggest newly unlocked templates start as unchecked in QM.

39 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Game Page Filter Options

For a more in-depth explanation: http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread.aspx?ThreadID=355. This would allow the player more flexibility in what games show up on their multiplayer page. Instead of being restricted to just Active Games or Games where it's My Turn or the other preset settings, the player can pick and choose exactly what criteria they want to use to show games on their page.

39 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 60-70 Player Custom Scenario Games

We need to see a 60 player or greater supported Normal Mode. The Mega Game is great, but it's expensive and the most important issue is the lack of custom scenario in that mode. I create diplomacy games and can't make them as complex as I would like because I simply don't have enough slots to set the scenario adequately. If we could have 60-100 players and be able to set a custom scenario, I could ask for nothing more from this already great game. I'd be willing to pay for it, but with no custom scenario option for mega…

37 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Warzone Features