Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

• or

57 results found

1. New cards (used for combat/airlift) + showing a troop

I think that there should be a card that you´re able to airlift to friends, exmple diplomacy you have an ally in war then you airlift to their fronts, this can only be good,I mean it can´t destroy anything and if you don´t like it you don´t need to have it on.
    there should be a card that is really rare that can airlift troops to enemys and take one territory (with a warning in chat) and then you can fight people that are a few territories away.
    There should also show up one or two troops at evry territory…

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Summary of card pieces in settings menu

There is a great many cards in WL, each with a lot of settings. With each card divided into a different number of pieces, of which you get a fixed minimum number per turn and then there's a number of random pieces... distributed by configurable weights... It becomes rather complicated; even experienced players might not be able to see, at a glance, how all the card settings will combine.

How about adding an "executive summary" (both in the create-game screen and on the settings page, which people /should/ check before joining the game), like so:

Current version (in Game Settings

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are now icons that summarise game settings, including cards. There is also a summery of the settings in game menu settings in the new Unity client.

3. Differentiate between 'No orders received' and 'Orders committed'

I have been playing Warlight for almost two weeks now. I like the game, but, being a Diplomacy online player, one particular feature strikes me as very destructive in games and that is the commit system and resulting boots when not committed in time, which ruin games.

A lot of the games I played have been hindered by (auto-)boots, because players have not committed orders. I myself have been kicked out of two games too, where I had my orders in place, but was just waiting for a response from a fellow player and hence I did not commit in…

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clickable links in game and mod descriptions

Some players find that the game description does not contain enough space for them to go through their diplomacy game rules for example. So they paste a url into game description instead. The links aren’t currently clickable and on app/standalone the text isn’t copyable.

Some players are unsure how to use certain mods. Would be better to share a link to a collaborative website which covers things that are not in the mod description.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Aid Card

An "Aid Card" could function identically to a "reverse" Sanctions Card, in that it multiplies income rather than divides it.

The reason for having it as a separate card however, would be so that one can have both sanctions and "reverse sanctions" in the same game. Additionally, it could be given unique functionality in that one can only use it on others. (Being able to use it on oneself could also be toggle-able like so many other features).

I think a card like this would have enormous appeal in 'Diplomacy' games, where a player might want to help…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pop-up box asking if you are active before game start

I have played a lot of diplomacy games in my Warlight career and so many times after waiting hours for the game to fill up, one player ends up getting booted and creates a power vacuum.

My suggestion is that just before the game starts a pop-up box displays asking if you are ready to start the game. It basically works like a boot timer, which can be customized by the host.

Say the game starts, the pop-up displays, but one person doesn't click 'ready' within the allotted time, then that player is basically kicked from the game before the…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow a "Currently in x games" Lobby Filter

Allow players to apply a filter on their created games (similar to bootrate or level filter), to filter out players who are in more games than their determined limit.

This would be useful, because players who are in too many games concurrently, usually play really slow and oftentimes their play-quality suffers, since they're not as invested in the game as those who are in fewer games. So they often play carelessly and surrender easily and may also be less communicative if the game requires eg diplomacy.

Some players, like me, find that annoying and prefer quality over quantity and…

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MORE DIFFERENT CARDS

1. MORAL CARD : BOOST OR DECREASE THE ATTACK OR DEFENCE KILL RATE OF A SELECTED PLAYER

2. (added feature) GIFT CARD : it should be possible to gift a whole bonus or all places you own within one bonus to another player

3. (added feature) DIPLOMACY CARD : players should be enabled to play the DOPLOMACY CARD ON A PLAYER AND NEUTRAL ARMIES (so the selected player canonly attack another players territorries)

4. (added feature) REINFORCEMENT CARD :

a) BORDERALERT CARD : works like reinforcment card but increases your armis at each of your borders

b) instead of getting the set amount of…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow 41 to 50 player games

It's a known fact that there was once a 50-man FFA event held by Fizzer himself, so the code is there; implementing such a feature, even if under some nasty requisites (membership, or a high level like 57~60) would be very easy and quick. Assuming the code wasn't changed much, it's all about making it publicly avaiable.

This would be great for large Free-For-All games; as chaotic as 40-man games are, an extra 20% players will make it even more fun! Specially on huge maps like Hex Earth.

In addition, this would be specially good for diplomacy players who tend…

32 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Army Caps for Individual Territories

Adding the option for a gamemaker to set army caps for individual territories or groups of territories (i.e., all the territories in a specific bonus, or all cities on a map) would add a whole new layer of strategy to the game. This rule would allow for games that include siege mechanics (where cities have higher army caps than the territories around them), force players to spread their armies out, and and better utilization of bottleneck territories/defences. However, it would also keep power differentials in place, as those with a higher income would be able to replace troops faster and…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to remove players that have accepted the game

I see that Fizzer has already declined this- but here is the reasoning. Say a host has created a game, and it takes forever to fill. Say somebody who joined the game when it was created is no longer active on warzone once the game starts, passing the prerequisite bootrate many times over. The player has basically been booted before the game had already begun. This is a problem for me, and is most relevant to custom scenario games (especially diplomacy), and team games, where either a power vacuum is formed, or a team has less players than another.…

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Capital setting

You should add a capital setting as option map creators can choose. This setting can either apply to normal or diplomacy games.

Possible features related (creators could choose some of them):

1. Base income comes from the capital, if you lose it, your base income goes to zero.

2. Losing your capital makes you lose the game.

3. Change the location of your capital card

4. Deployment limited to areas connected to your capital. That's probably the better feature this capital could provide, because:

a) That's perfect to prevent attacks with a huge stacks in order to break ennemy bonuses regardless to the protection…

12 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. However, capitals are so similar to commanders, it will probably never happen. It wouldn’t make sense to have two concepts in the game that are nearly identical.

13. Tactical Airlift

This is a potential option to add to existing airlift parameters (like how long a diplomacy lasts etc.)

The card setting would allow airlifts to be scheduled just like other orders during the turn.

If the target territory has been captured during the turn, all troops are lost. If the airlifting troops are eliminated before the card is activated, then card is lost.

Another idea for "tactical capability activation" could be the compounding of cards (save them up). So playing whatever number of cards together allows the option. But, this way, you are less sure if the enemy currently has…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extension to overridden bonuses

Overridden bonuses are good, causing chaos on big maps like the US map, but the limit could be extended to 10-50k, because it can give even more chaos to what happens in the game. (Yes, I have a template for extreme overriden bonuses for the US lol)

This would help for chaotic and fun games with this extension, and I think diplomacy games would work with this too. The only downside is that lag wouldn't be minimal, and there would probably be a lot of it. Other than though, putting a warning before putting overriden bonuses would be good.

So…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an Occupation mode

This mode when checked will allow territories to be occupied instead of being instantly owned by the one who captured said territory allowing more depth in diplomacy games. This mode would work well in conjunction with Peace Treaties https://warlight.uservoice.com/forums/77051-warlight-features/suggestions/1088481-peace-treaties
    And would allow you to take said land in a peace treaty. If the land is not take in the peace treaty it would simply go back to the original owner and any other armies left in the territory will be transferred to the nearest territory owned by the occupier.

Occupation of a territory will be shown with the original owners…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Heres 25 ideas for cards, units, and other gameplay features

Cards:

White-wash -Pick an enemy, they see all other enemies as the same color, but not allies or neutrals

Trojan -pick an adjacent enemy territory. That territory gains half the troops it currently has this turn, but will lose 2/3 of the new total the turn after.

Recycle -return a territory you own back to a neutral with double the amount of neutral armies it had on turn 1. Your income for this turn is increased by the number of armies that you had on the territory for this turn only.

Quake -pick an adjacent territory, that territory and the…

12 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some random new card thoughts

Agreed. Some new cards could be fun.

Here's some I can think up on the spot, so imagine if we put so true thought into theses.

Blitzkrieg, gives you a multiple attack option. So if you kill the territory the armies continue on to the next territory in the same turn. -Cool in games without the multi attack option

Nuke. It kills bonus and makes it radioactive for 3 three turns. - Defensive or Offensive strategy

Predator missile, like the paratroops but kills a territory instantly. - takes a super bonus out of the picture for one turn

Iron Dome,…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)