Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

411 results found

1. Allow teams to receive armies when the team collectively controls a bonus

When a bonus is occupied by two or more teammates, the armies assigned to that bonus should be distributed to all of the teammates accordingly, instead of one teammate having to control the entire bonus.

529 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

I can certainly see the appeal of this, as it makes it easier for teams to take over lands without communicating. But honestly, team communication is a big part of the game, and I don’t like the idea of lessening it.

This also presents problems with how to divy up the income. There are edge cases where no single answer is fair. It also causes issues with local deployment and other features, and just generally increases the complexity of team games as it’s one more thing new players have to learn about before they can compete.

Due to all of these reasons combined, it’s unlikely this featue will ever be added to WarLight. But we appreciate the suggestion!

2. 10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. single player status

save the single player status (number of solved singleplayer games) online. if you play with various PC, you cant continue your latest status. so, easy to change, great impact (on the solo games).

little to improve, but hey its still a possibility to learn at the start for the beginners!

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This actually already exists – you just need to create an account and all of your statuses will be saved into your account. Then, anywhere you log in with that account, you’ll see your statuses.

4. Remove unnecessary clicks

At the begining of every term, there's a "Begin" button. There's nothing else to do, so why not skip this button?

At the end of phase 2 there's a "next phase" button, and then a "confirm" button on phase 3. Why not just put the "confirm" button on phase 2?

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already an optional feature. Please click the Settings tab and look at “Skip Begin Click.”

To answer your question, the confirmation phase gives you a chance to look over your orders before committing to them.

If you are interested in speeding up your play, check out the hotkeys.

5. Can we have an AI that doesn't Cheat Horribly?

Sick of finally getting somewhere when all 3 AI players somehow come up with 40+ armies per turn, even though I control over half the available regions, and you can see that they can't be getting more than 13 or 17 armies per turn because they're fighting amongst themselves. Doesn't stop them from totally murdering you, though. I'll play this game again when the AI doesn't use Fog as an excuse to say "I get as many armies as I feel like today, and I feel like I get 1.5 times as many as you, even though you own 8x…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After the game is over, press the History button and it will allow you to see exactly what happened on each turn.

By using this technique, you can actually systematically prove that the AIs play by the exact same rules as you. You can see exactly where they got their income and you’ll be able to see how they are able to get income faster than you.

Further, I can tell you that the AIs don’t treat enemy AIs any differently than they treat the human player. The only thing the AI considers when looking at a territory is whether it’s a teammate, neutral, or enemy.

6. Teammates get booted/surrendered players armies and territories

When in a Team game someone gets booted or surrendered his/her Teammates will get his territories and army, divided between them randomly.
    In ffa gamesthe remaining players get the same

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s very important to me that there never be a situation where it’s advantageous to be booted. In other words, even if the majority of the time it’s a disadvantage, if there’s even one case where it’s an advantage then that would be pretty lame. In this sitaution, some players that want to get an advantage could intentionally not take their turn, slowing down the game significantly, just so their teammate can boot them so they can get the booting benefit.

A lot of ideas that offset the boot issue seem great at first, but when you stop to really examine them you realize that there could be situations where people will try to intentionally be booted. I don’t want there to ever be a situation like this.

If WarLight gave all of a booted player’s territories to their teammates, there could be a situation where teammate A controls a…

7. 3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t think the game name is the right place to convey settings of the game. It does work, but this information can be presented better.

Let’s look at your example: 3v3 Europe 5 min

When looking at this game on the new Open Games tab, you’ll be able to easily see it’s a 3v3 just by looking at the little boxes (two groups of three.) You’ll also be able to see that the boot time is set to 5 minutes in the text below the name, and you’ll be able to see that it’s on Europe by the picture on the left.

By conveying this information here instead of relying on the game name, it means it frees the name up for other things. This also means the information is always available, even if players choose not to include the settings in the game name.

8. Lobby chat

A lobby general chat where players can talk to each other and decide stuff before making games. I guess a "hiding" option would be nice for the shy ones :P

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Anonymous Games

This is a game/setting in which the participants are not known until the game ends. The purpose of this is to protect the integrity and competitiveness of games as it is a tendency for emotion to ruin games based on past games and grudges that could have been formed. By hiding the player names and randomizing the colors fairness can be ensured, which helps to make maintain the integrity and competitiveness of each individual games.

424 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see the appeal of this, since some people feel targeted. As the creator of the game, I feel this too. Since people love to say that they beat up the creator, I tend to get targeted in FFAs more than average.

Despite that, it’s a feature that’s unlikely to be added to WarLight. First, WarLight’s code wasn’t built with this in mind, so the name and ID of every player is used throughout the code and trying to modify it to be anonymous would be a very large project. Second, even if it was easy to add, this also diminishes the community a bit since every time it’s used, as it makes it harder to develop friendships when you’re anonymous and hides clan tags and such.

10. 110 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ultimately WarLight is designed to be a simple game, and I fear that this option would add too much complexity for the value it gives. Thanks for the suggestion, but it’s highly unlikely this will ever be added to WarLight.

11. Allow game host to remove players who have joined the game

Allow game host to remove any player, including those who already joined before game starts.

217 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You need to clarify if you’re talking about someone you invited, or someone who joined an open seat.

If you’re talking about someone you invited, I would want more information about the reasons why you’d want to change your mind and remove them.

If you’re talking about open seats, then this is better accomplished by using prerequisites. The reason is because it’s a very bad experience for the person joining. Imagine the extreme example: you’re browsing for a game to join, find one, join it, and are kicked out. OK, you go find another game, join it, and are kicked out. Repeat over and over.

That’s a really bad experience, especially for newbies (who would be more likely to be kicked since many experienced players don’t want to play with newbies.) We need newbies to have a good experience to help grow the game.

It’s a much better experience for…

1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Warzone Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base