Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

411 results found

1. Bombardment card

A card like sanctions but instead reduce a player income, reduce a bonus to 0 armies per turn or the half or any value(in %) and also you cant attack to/attack from any territory of that bonus

10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. All the Colors of the Rainbow!

There are more colors available in games with more than 24 players. Why not have all those colors available in all games, and available to be set as default colors?

10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to ensure that two players colors are never too similar, or it makes it hard to tell them apart. Further, we want to ensure no color is too similar to neutral or fog to be confused with those. For these reasons, we don’t want to allow every possible color in the game.

4. Quickmatch templates raised from 40 to 50

I would like the 40 quickmatch templates to be raised to 50 for more versatile map/template options, for example. I made a template of the united kingdom of Israel map and one for Matharin and Liboa. Simple competitive templates/maps. More options to play from in my opinion. Thank you very much.

I think most people play warzone because of qm. I feel like we need more and better templates. I think raising it from 40 to 50 is a good idea to help generate more attention to quickmatch.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make automatic distribution try to be fair instead of being random

With the automatic distrabution i feel there should be some level of balance with where everyone starts. I just played a team game with automatic distrabution. My Teamate and I started in Canada, Australia, South America, And Antartica. Our Opponent started in Scandinavia, Caucasus, Inda, And East China. I don't see how anyone can win with the starts we had against the starts they had.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Highlander/immortal setting for Commanders: There can be only one!

The idea for this is based on The Highlander, where so-called 'immortals' defeat each other until only one remains. In the stories, when one immortal defeats another, he or she gains all the power that the other immortal had acquired.

For Warlight, this would be a setting (simple check-box) which modifies what happens when one player kills another player's Commander. Instead of the defeated player's armies turning into neutrals, they turn into armies of the victorious player, essentially transferring all the 'power' of the defeated player to the victor.

This would open up an entirely new game dynamic, and could…

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Match notes for a specific game

It would be helpful to be able to keep notes on a specific match being played out, especially for multi-day games.

I believe this could be easily and quickly accomplished by allowing players to send private notes to themselves.

What do you think, Fizzer?

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have an auto deploy feature for local deployment games

I like local deployment games, but they get really tedious on large maps, (especially on maps where every territory is a bonus). They can be impossible to play in real time games as well, by the time you finish deploying you've run out of time to make your move.

I suggest an auto deploy option where any armies that have a designated territory (single territory bonuses) are automatically deployed there.
    For maps with multi territory bonuses players should have an option to designate a territory in that bonus for the armies to deploy to. (It could be as simple as…

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Watch all movements from MOBILE APP

Hi, me and my friends usually play multi-day from the android and apple app, and we would love to have the WATCH ALL MOVEMENTS feature that already exists in the pc webpage. Its pretty annoying to have to watch the movements one by one in a large multi-day map, and the only way we have to do that is to go to history and advance the turns until the last one, which is pretty slow too. Thank you for this great game by the way, we have been playing for three years and we love it.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Abililty to Request that Games Be Unstuck

This would allow players who get into stuck games to submit them to Fizzer, via either a private e-mail or a chat room post (whatever he prefers), and ask that he unstick the games in question. No one would be allowed to make the request unless the game has not moved in 30 days and there are some other indicia that the game will be permanently stuck - - for example, the nonmover(s) has or have left Warlight, or some user is deliberately holding up a game or an entire tournament by refusing to move.

Upon submission of a request,…

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea is really the same thing as “Kill the ‘never’ boot option” idea.

Let me explain.

Let’s say I set up a service where players could notify someone of “stuck” games, and then boot the offending players.

What would be the criteria for determining if the game was stuck? It would have to be the duration that the game has been stuck for.

Let’s say a “stuck” game is one that hasn’t moved for 100 days. If WarLight says that anyone that doesn’t move within 100 days can be removed via this new feature, isn’t that sort of the same as saying the maximum boot duration is 100 days? Why would WarLight let a game creator set a boot duration of “never” or 200 days if players can be removed after 100 via this other process?

That’s just misleading. If this were to be implemented, it would also make…

11. A note tab feature for day games/ladder mode would be helpful in remembering what you would like to do for the next move.

Coming back to a game after a few days, it would be helpful to be able to leave notes within the game about ideas for your next move.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Colorblind Support

Hello! I'm Ruser2.Can you put a account setting that says "I'm colorblind".On colorblind mode, the setting will put some symbols left to move notifications and on territories.
    NOTE:In real life,i'm not colorblind

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! In the new Unity client, you can click the magnifying glass icon which I hope make it much easier for colorblind players to play. Please let me know if this doesn’t solve the issue.

13. An assassination card

This card would allow a player to attack any territory on the map, even if you do not border it. This card would only kill a small number of armies (1 or 2), but the attacker would be anonymous.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Randomized Wastelands (a simple change, and partial multi-attack solution)

I've found that having fairly common wastelands (at 10-30 armies each) is a great solution for multi-attack problems: it makes multi-attacking into unknown territory scary, something you only do if you're desperate or have scouted there previously. This adds a really cool strategic layer to multi-attack games.

However, there is no way to do this, because wastelands appear on the map in the "first" screen, when choosing territories.

The suggested change is: make it possible for wastelands to be distributed AFTER territories are chosen, so that the players don't know where they are. You choose your starting positions, they are…

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change Exit Chat Button Appearance

The current "x" button to exit chat is kind of ugly – it has flared ends, which don't really suit the overall Warlight design. I propose changing this button's appearance to a simple button without flared ends (like this: ×).

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make a Warlight-built map-maker

I have previously had trouble with making maps using SVG editors and I think that you could make something "supported" by Warlight instead. If you want to earn money on it you can do so that only members can make complicated maps or maps with more than X territories.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The idea of me implementing an SVG editor that’s built into the game isn’t really realistic. I mean, Inkscape took a lot of developers years to make, anything I make would be nowhere near as good. Even if I dedicated a year to making one, it would just be a crappier Inkscape, which would only mean maps that used it would be of lower quality.

And the game overall would suffer a lot since I took a year off of fixes/features.

It’s a much better overall solution to use one of many SVG editors that exist publicly.

17. Naming territories easier in making maps.

While making a map, you have to first name everything Territory#, and then assign each a name by editing the map on warlight.net, why not just be able to make it Territory"Name" and then name the territories based off of their IDs?

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would make it impossible to rename a territory without messing things up. If territories were keyed off of the name, and you renamed a territory, WarLight wouldn’t be able to know to move all of the data from the old name to the new name. This would make it really easy for people to accidentally delete data in their map.

Another reason is that names aren’t enforced to be unique. If the name was used as the identifier, it would be impossible to have two territories with the same name.

It would be possible to do it that way if people were willing to live with the above restrictions, but at this point it’s already coded and would take a massive amount of work to change.

Instead, you can try to find or make a tool that will take an SVG file named as you described, add IDs automatically…

18. Beacons for local deployment games

You would be able to define a territory as a BEACON. Then, you create a list of other territories that will automatically order any troops in that space toward the BEACON (not the SPACE that is currently defined as the BEACON). That way, as you expand your border, the beacon can be moved to the new location, and all the orders will remain in effect to the current BEACON location.

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Beacon for teammates

It would be nice to be able to highlight a certain territory when chatting with teammates. This would help to better coordinate attacks/support. Instead of saying "Hey, attack Braunschweig from Thueringen", "What? You've never played the Germany map before? N00b!". We could just say "attack here" and then make the beacon flash.

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simple but effective Automatic Local Deployment

A lot of the ideas involving automatic local deployment either are overly simplistic (just auto deploy in territories with 1 income) or require complicated coding (denote where you want them).

But, what if there is a toggle on/off button which will auto deploy your armies where you deployed in the last turn?

e.g. With the button toggled on: all your armies will be auto deployed where you already had them last turn, and you only need to adjust the changes you want to make for the new turn before committing.
    If you gained a bonus, then of course you have…

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Warzone Features