Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

411 results found

1. Beacon for teammates

It would be nice to be able to highlight a certain territory when chatting with teammates. This would help to better coordinate attacks/support. Instead of saying "Hey, attack Braunschweig from Thueringen", "What? You've never played the Germany map before? N00b!". We could just say "attack here" and then make the beacon flash.

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Partial control of allied AIs

In team games, allow human players to make additional moves for their allied AI partners. (The AI will make an initial limited set of moves, that any allied human can then add to.) This will make having your partner get booted less fatal, as it will cure the "large stack of unused units" problem that AIs so often face.

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. realtime tournaments that count for realtime ladder

as discussed on this thread
    https://www.warlight.net/Forum/134888-mercer-1st-place-realtime-ladder?Offset=40

would be nice to have an option of pre-scheduling realtime tournaments on the realtime ladder templates and having it count for your realtime ladder rating/ranking. this would bring more people to pay attention to the realtime ladder and generate more games pairing players of same level (as they progress in the tournament) which is a much needed dynamism in the ladder. currently on the realtime ladder once you are on top 20 there is not much incentive to join the ladder since you will often just get paired with low level players where a…

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Withdraw/Strategic Retreat

A withdraw/strategic retreat card that remove all your troops from an area into a territory that YOU already occupy, leaving the evacuated territory as a zero neutral.

It's a card not a command so you would use it sparingly based upon the map settings.

If you have an AI teammate, the AI would more easily move into that spot but will not do so if you occupy it. This allows you to give over a bonus to the AI without loss of troops on either side. A live teammate can do the same but I wanted to point out the…

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MORE DIFFERENT CARDS

1. MORAL CARD : BOOST OR DECREASE THE ATTACK OR DEFENCE KILL RATE OF A SELECTED PLAYER

2. (added feature) GIFT CARD : it should be possible to gift a whole bonus or all places you own within one bonus to another player

3. (added feature) DIPLOMACY CARD : players should be enabled to play the DOPLOMACY CARD ON A PLAYER AND NEUTRAL ARMIES (so the selected player canonly attack another players territorries)

4. (added feature) REINFORCEMENT CARD :

a) BORDERALERT CARD : works like reinforcment card but increases your armis at each of your borders

b) instead of getting the set amount of…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customizable starting picks:

if a specific starting pick is taken by someone else, I would want to have a specific alternative starting pick for that situation instead of just going down my list of starting picks. For example, let's say that in a strategic 2v2 auto game, I pick South America and then someone else gets it. I would like to set my starting picks so that if that happens, my alternative would, specifically, be Central America.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When making territory picks, remember to pick (number of players * number of territories each player will receive) territories!

7. Sea Territories

With these, you could preform amphibious invasions on land from those territories. With these, you could have a more strategical implement into the game. Feel free to post this by the same topic with something like (v.2) if you have better attributes to improve this mechanism.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto-booting in Tournaments

Allows WarLight to boot players automatically after not making their turns for 5 x ’direct boot’ times in any Tournament. This will prevent stagnation of a Tournament if players stopped playing particular game, which is quite rude to other players who take part in that Tournament.
    Example. Tournament: http://warlight.net/App.aspx?TournamentID=493
    Game: http://warlight.net/App.aspx?GameID=1065248

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. boot in real-time ladder

Many players don't play real-time lader because they get booted
    without playing even 1 turn.
    We can have alternative option to boot like drop the game if a player do not join and we can have joining time 1-2 minutes

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Newbie Auto-Games!

My Question is Why is it Possible for a Newbie to play against a player from Lynx/WG/ Insert good clan here in auto-game Very unlikely but Possible!

Why? Should Newbies play against these high-skilled players? Where the newbie is struggling with the controls as we all were at one stage..

That is why we need a newbie Auto-game. There is no if but or what the fuck.. ABout it.

This needs to be implanted now because I can already promise as we debate people are leaving this game because they see such a huge-skill gap where they don't even know…

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blacklisted players not picked for Quick Match

I just started a quick game and got placed with a player whom I had blacklisted. I would prefer that this not happen.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Editor Map For WarLight

I mean a separate program for the game that includes all the options to create a map to warlight. They have to be to facilitate the creation of the earth and share its example. The program that is easy to use and is adapted to the game "Warlight" should have options to facilitate the setting of bonuses, etc.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

WarLight already has a map editor. You can check it out by going to Help → How can I make my own map.

Original author didn’t respond to my request for clarification so I’m closing this one.

13. Have Fizzer adjudicate all Uservoices with over 50 votes.

Categories include:
    Completed, On the To-Do List, Maybe if more votes, Decline.

There are about a dozen with more than 100 votes. Would be great for Fizzer to weigh in.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I know for sure something will never be done, I decline it right away. You can see this in many ideas if you search.

If something is completed, I mark it as completed (unless I missed something, in which case let me know).

Everything that remains is in the final two categories: on the “accepted” list, or on the “maybe” list. I prefer not to reveal which are which, since if I revealed something was on the accepted list it would just cause everyone to move their moves off of it and onto something on the maybe list. Or, at the very least, they’d be less likely to vote on an accepted item since they’d have more influence by voting on a maybe one.

This would skew the results and make them harder to interpret what people really want.

14. 2v2 real-time ladder

Me and my mate love to play 2v2 but the levels we play to are not much a representation of their level. We would like to play ranked games in 2v2 realtime. We play always with the earth map and just the extra armies card. Just more Ladder possibilities would be so nice.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Real-time ladder chat for people who are waiting for a game

Sometimes waiting for a game could be boring!

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow non-members to add more AIs

Allowing non-members to add more AI opponents would be great. I really only play WarLight very casually, but when I do it is (well, was) usually just a 2v2v2v2 with one friend and 6 AIs. Because we are casual and slow, we don't want to bother other players. Now that the hard cap for non-members is 6 invites, whether AI or computer, it really prevents us from playing. Just boosting the AI players allowed, or not counting AI players toward the invite cap would be great.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately AI players in multi-player is the single most resource-consuming feature in of all of WarLight, since the server has to do a lot of calculations to decide what the AIs should do. This means it’s the most expensive feature to host.

I wish this wasn’t true, but unfortunately it means that I can’t afford to allow more AIs in multi-player at this time.

17. 6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Friends and Enemies

I want to be able to create a list of friends that I work well with in game, know in real life, or really enjoyed playing with.

Just as much I want to be able to identify enemies so that I can develop rivalries with players that I truly despise.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Limited multiattack (host controls attacks per MA)

My playgroup is finding that the multi-attack can really imbalance a game, as it synergizes with the snowball of one player recieving more armies than the other (winners keep winning, losers keep losing). The steamroller tactic with multiattack is very devastating when you have significantly more armies than your enemy.

The solution: Allow the host to set the number of moves per multi-attack. It is a more realistic and balanced approach, in our opinions. It simply doesn't make sense to be able to roll across an entire continent in a single turn.

Proponents of multiattack say that it adds complexity…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Atomic Bomb card

Similar to the airstrike cards suggestions, but slightly different:
    The bomb could of course be launched everywhere, causing for instance:
    - half of troups dead on target land
    - 4 troups dead on adjacent lands (turning into neutral territories if all troups are killed)
    - 1 troup dead on adjacent territories of range +2

This could indeed give a great strategical interest to the games. It could be available after like 10 turns by default.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?