Skip to content

Warzone Features

Welcome! This forum tracks Warzone feature requets to the Warzone creator. You can vote on the features you’d most like to see in the game.

411 results found

1. Real-time teammate moves

Allow a player to see their teammates' moves in real time. This could allow for more efficient coordination of attacks and prevent duplication or territory selection.

The option could be a player specified setting/checkbox. It could also only take effect once the player commits (since that information already exists), but real-time may be more useful.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Better Forum Software

There is a lot of free forum software, such as FluxBB, PunBB, MyBB and others. They support BBCode, and some software allows you to add BBCode if necessary.

You can also show who's online on the forums, edit posts, make locked topics more obvious, and many more helpful things.

Plus, Matma Rex has a mirror for the current forum so even if you do remove the current forum you can still read posts from it.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

An important feature of the WarLight forum is that it integrates with WarLight – i.e., it allows you to use the same login, link to your profile, etc.

The forum systems you mention won’t do this out of the box, and the open source ones are licensed under the GPL which prevents me from adding these features to them.

If you want a specific feature added to the forum, you can create an idea for that feature. If you find one that’s licensed under something more permissive like Apache or MIT then you can suggest that, but when I set out to add the forum to WarLight I could not locate any.

Switching to a GPL-licensed forum system is not possible, so I’m closing this idea.

3. Blacklist info

Must use a dropdown when blacklisting a player maybe 10 reasons like Harrasment, language, cheating, arrogance, excessively slow play, just a jerk, idk... too skilled for me?, whatever typical reasons people blacklist anyone.
    Then have a a way to view everyone blacklisted to see why, who, and how many felt compelled to blacklist them.... maybe this might change some players behaviors.
    You could even have a toggle option to allow the blacklisted player to message the blacklister to discuss/petition being un-blacklisted.

Having played with several hundred unique players I have three blacklisted, two for cheating in a FFA (admittedly) and…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Atomic Bomb card

Similar to the airstrike cards suggestions, but slightly different:
    The bomb could of course be launched everywhere, causing for instance:
    - half of troups dead on target land
    - 4 troups dead on adjacent lands (turning into neutral territories if all troups are killed)
    - 1 troup dead on adjacent territories of range +2

This could indeed give a great strategical interest to the games. It could be available after like 10 turns by default.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limited multiattack (host controls attacks per MA)

My playgroup is finding that the multi-attack can really imbalance a game, as it synergizes with the snowball of one player recieving more armies than the other (winners keep winning, losers keep losing). The steamroller tactic with multiattack is very devastating when you have significantly more armies than your enemy.

The solution: Allow the host to set the number of moves per multi-attack. It is a more realistic and balanced approach, in our opinions. It simply doesn't make sense to be able to roll across an entire continent in a single turn.

Proponents of multiattack say that it adds complexity…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Spoken Languages" in Profile

You can't always see at a Players name, his spoken language.
    Sometimes I notice at the end, that my Teammate speaks the same language than me (German).
    Because both are thinking that the other speaks English.
    Than I always think: "There would have been a better kommunikation, if we had known that".

It would be good if there would be an information of "Spoken Language" in Profil.

Like this:

Mothertongue: German
    Other spoken Languages: English, French and Spanish.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Aid Card

An "Aid Card" could function identically to a "reverse" Sanctions Card, in that it multiplies income rather than divides it.

The reason for having it as a separate card however, would be so that one can have both sanctions and "reverse sanctions" in the same game. Additionally, it could be given unique functionality in that one can only use it on others. (Being able to use it on oneself could also be toggle-able like so many other features).

I think a card like this would have enormous appeal in 'Diplomacy' games, where a player might want to help an ally…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. personal notes box in a game

It would be nice to have a personal notes box in order to store your analysis of a game. It could be similar as a chatbox like there is now, but then only visible to yourself. I think a lot of players would like to have this feature (and it is easily created)

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a notice when a multi day game has finihed

when a multi day game ends when a player surrenders u don't really know you hav won. the game just ends, if u play alot of multi day games like me it is hard to keep track of the games u win and lose.

when a multi day game ends it would appear as your turn on the game list of yours. when u click on it it says u won.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. User controlled AI's

when a player gets booted and turns to AI, the players in the same team as the AI should be able to take it's turns, or something along the lines of controlling the AI so it is not really AI but user controlled

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No Duplicate Accounts on Warlight.net!

Hello, everyone. I am posting this forum because I want duplicate accounts to be not allowed on Warlight.net. I have been dealing with this problem over the course of this week and a little bit of last week, but I think the person who has created the duplicate account has been banned. So, to prevent duplicate accounts with the same name on Warlight.net, I think that every username on Warlight.net should be unique, and no one else can use that username, or even put spaces at the end or beginning, but they can still use that username, just have it…

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue you ran into to isn’t a problem of duplicate names, it’s a problem of trolls trying to aggravate you. Disallowing duplicate names would not solve this situation, as the trolls would simply choose a different behavior to troll with.

Impersonating other players is already against the rules, and the accounts that did this to you have already been banned. If this happens again, you should send me an e-mail at fizzer@warlight.net with the link to both your profile and the profile of the impersonator and it will be dealt with.

12. If there are two teams in a game, the spectators should be able to see territories seen by both teams,otherise there is no point to spectate

If there are two teams in a game, the spectators should be able to see territories seen by both teams,otherise there is no point to spectate

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to make "suggestions" to AI teammates

I Have had the idea of making suggestions to the AI. These would not be binding commands but using whatever decision making process the AI uses, it would get a percentage of application. If the AI "thought" it was reasonable there would be a greater chance that it would follow your suggestion. (Deploy x armies to territory, Attack territory w x armies)

I see the ADMIN'S concern that this would make the game take too long to make choices. Perhaps the response to this would be a limit on suggestions, either maximum per turn (1 per turn for example) or…

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why I blacklisted this user

I blacklisted many user for some reason, but few days later I see same player in different name, I won't remember why I blacklisted that player.

So it would be nice to add a place in user profile where we can add reason why we blacklisted particular user.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Intel Card

A card that allows the player to see another player's total income for X number of turns.

(While there could be many uses for this card in FFA's or diplomacy games, I think the best application would be in local deployment games, where often games continue on much longer than necessary simply because neither player knows if they are winning or losing.)

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. adjust the ads that are shown--no preaching or politicking

This is a game that all kinds of people from all over the world play for fun, and some of the ads IMO are totally inappropriate. Regardless of ones religious or political views, ads promoting one particular religion or one particular political party or candidate just don't belong in the game.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "Recently finished games" to the my games menu.

I am often annoyed when looking for a game that ended recently among my games. And, I have fewer than many.

I know I can search by date created and game name, but it is tedious.

Hving this option seems like an easy fix

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Single Player games sync

I'd like to see Single Player saved games sync across all devices. Maybe save the saved game to the servers with my profile or something...

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Nuber cards to their priority of play

With Cards being played in any give game, any number of cards may be in the game or available. It would be VERY helpful to have all cards numbered as to their priority of play, ie, Airlift #1 because it always happens first , Bomb #2 because it always happens second etc. etc.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. accepting surrender inside a team

i use such settings: surrendered man turn into AI, surrender must be accepted, AI surrender when 1 human remains. i want little change in surrenders accept behavior: accept must be needed only inside a team, no need to opposite team to click "accept". so when all people in opposite team surrendered and turn into AIs these AIs would immediate surrender, without necessity of accept surrender from winning team.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?